[TN-Bird] White Pelican Update Noramndy Lake

  • From: roymel@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:38:55 -0600

It appears that the White Pelicans are in a feeding frenzy prior evening
in a cove at the Cedar Point part of Normandy Lake...Cedar Point has a
small Wildlife Management sign and a small gravel cul de sac...pass it
and take a right onto the next gravel road. Here you will notice yellow
signs about picking up your trash (rude visitor problems abound here
apparently)...follow it as it goes down a big hill and into the lake...&
parallells the cove. The White Pelicans (at least 88+) were engaging in
feeding along with the gulls and Great Blue Heron...Buffleheads, etc

Please respect the Private Property signs and litter requests (as all
wonderful birders do) so this area will remain open to enjoy treats such
as the one described. It is unfortunate others (not birders) have
trashed the area...I was unaware of this road (rather new) and I really
cannot even tell you the road name...you take Red Hill Road off of Frank
Hiles by the subdiivision...continue straight even when Red Hill turns
left...go to the "t" and go right......see above...

Melissa Turrentine

Beford/ Coffee Co