[TN-Bird] Warblers at Walker Springs Park, Knox County

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:58:26 -0400

At Walker Springs Park in west Knox County this morning/afternoon:
Black and White WarblerAmerican Redstart - at least 3Northern Parula  (I had
just asked it to kindly stop and sit still when amazingly it did just that,
holding the pose for maybe 30 seconds)Chestnut-sided Warbler, immature female
Also a White-eyed Vireo along Ten Mile Creek Greenway past Wal-Mart (which is
also where I had one of the Redstarts)
And an adult Red-shouldered Hawk twice flew right past me.  They nest here.
Got a late start at 10:20 a.m. but most of the activity was after 12:00 noon.
Carole Gobert, Knoxville