[TN-Bird] Veery, Pewee, B. Orioles at Radnor Lake, Davidson Co.

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gkoehler4@xxxxxxxxxxx, jwalk821@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

4-27-12
Radnor lake
Davidson Co.

It was a great morning at Radnor Lake with actually seeing birds instead of
 just hearing them.  Almost all species were seen well.  Scott Block  and I
saw a gorgeous male Baltimore Oriole in the west parking lot along with
two Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, then three other orioles later.  We also  had
prolonged looks at Northern and Louisiana waterthrushes below the spillway
bridge almost side by side.  Joining them there was a foraging Solitary
Sandpiper, with another one along the dam.  A Veery was seen calling  in the
woods
just past the spillway bridge, and an Eastern Wood-Pewee at Long  Bridge.
Mike Smith had a Warbling Vireo and Acadian Flycatcher near  Long Bridge.

migrants:
chimney swift
pewee
phoebe