[TN-Bird] Trumpeter Swan Sightings requested

  • From: "TTSS Peg" <peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:20:20 -0700

Trumpeter Swans are moving to wintering areas from many northern and several
Midwest states, and we are hoping to track sightings of them throughout the
migration and winter season. We encourage you to alert us if Trumpeters show
up in Tennessee or surrounding states that you may visit while birding. Our
program is called Trumpeter Watch and this is the second season. This year
we are partnering with eBird, so if you report there we will see your
sightings. If you post only to Listserv we will see your notes if you have
Trumpeter Swan in the subject line but we could be delayed in seeing your
valuable information if the sighting is in a longer list of species and not
in the subject line. If you find Trumpeters, you can email me direct at
peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We have a number of identification tips on our
website and a monthly free ENEWS to keep you posted on the project and other
news about swans. Scott Somershoe has written a summary article on
Trumpeters in Tennessee for our upcoming issue of Trumpetings. We did have
sightings from Tennessee last year. We look forward to another good season
and we appreciate all reports. Thank you.

               Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                        Clarksville, TN

                       MAP RESOURCES