[TN-Bird] TVA-ROBCO-CORO LAKES Plus

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 07:16:19 -0500 (EST)

Dec. 5, 2011
Shelby Co. TN
West TN and Tunica Co.

With over 4" of rain descending on Memphis the last couple of  days, water
was not a problem. The regular waterfowl species and their numbers  at the 3
Shelby Co, lakes are climbing but nothing special seen in the  rain.
Sixteen species of ducks and geese were recorded. The crossbills were  not
relocated in the downpour but plenty of pines to look through.

Over the last week, a few of the better birds were:  Lincoln's  and
Leconte's Sparrows among 11 species on the way to Reelfoot, ( I've  spent a lot
of
time looking for the odd sparrow) Shrikes galore along the MS  River,
Raptors in large numbers at Ensley Bottoms and Tunica Co,  MS, including
photographed, Krider's, light and dark morph calurus, along  with adult and
immature
Harlan's, plus Bald Eagles at 4 nest sites in TN, gulls  in large numbers
from Tunica MS to Reelfoot in TN, including a Lesser Black-b at  Tunica dump,
an immature California at Arkabutla Dam and the adult Little Gull  at
Reelfoot. Sandhill Cranes at Eagle Lake Shelby Co, TN and Tunica Co. MS plus  2
different Short-eared Owls seen out in daylight.

Jeff R.  Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135
_http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/_ (http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)
What  is this feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.