[TN-Bird] Swans in Crockett County

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 07:40:00 -0800 (PST)

I just received a call about 3 swans in a flooded wheat field in Crockett Co. I
just arrived & the birds are way off the road with a flock Canada Geese.

The birds are on Hwy. 152 just west of the Gibson County line in Crockett Co
directly across the road from the jct with Tinsley Rd. The TWRA Humboldt fish
hatchery is just to the west & Davy Crockett Lake is nearby. Several years ago
I had a male Cinnamon Teal just east of this location.

This road gets a lot of traffic and the Forked Deer River is out and all the
surrounding fields & ditches are flooded so I don't know if its possible to get
any closer to these birds. There is also duck hunting going on in some of these
same flooded fields. I'm going to see if its possible to get a better look at
these birds.

Good birding,

Mark Greene
Trenton, TN