[TN-Bird] Stilt Sandpiper -Shorebirds/ Eagle Bend, Anderson County, TN

  • From: James M Moore <jimimoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:50:11 -0400

7-27-04
I had a few minutes on the way to an apt. and rode through Eagle Bend
Fish Hatchery today. There were lots of nice birds. The pond on the right
as you drive in has been drained, and with the rain it was a nice
mudflat/ puddles.
Present in the area were several Pectoral Sandpiper, Least and (1)
Semipalmated Sandpiper  Spotted and Solitary Sandpiper along with (1)
STILT SANDPIPER.
The birds totally ignored me, and I had close looks from about 25-50
feet.
In the back ponds were Black Crowned Night Heron and a SNOWY EGRET, as
well as many Great Blue Herons and Green Herons.
LOCATION- Anderson County, TN  along the Clinch River- Clinton
Nell Moore
Caryville, TN