[TN-Bird] Sightings Report, 1 Jan 08, Collierville, Shelby County

  • From: "John Walko" <walko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Rob Peeples'" <wpeeples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:48:29 -0600

Location:     TN 1 Cvll, Peterson Lake Nature Center
Observation date:     1/1/08, 1045am-110pm,  1.75m Hike.

Notes:     Happy New Year to all! First foray into the woods for the New
Year. Whoa!! Can we spell coldddd! 30-35degs and winds gusting to 30mph.
Even in the woods it was windy. Birding was by far tough today in the woods
and down by the Wolf River. The few times the wind died down I saw several
birds at a time in small pockets of underbrush near puddles in the swamp
along the boardwalk. Several Crows were making good time as they caught the
gusting tailwinds coming through. Birds were really staying low today, I cut
the walk short do to the wind, hopefully the weekend will be calmer.

Number of species:     19

Mallard     1

Great Blue Heron     1

Turkey Vulture     7