[TN-Bird] Shelby Park and Bottoms 10-05

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:38:25 -0500

Shelby Park and Bottoms
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
2011 October 05
7:05-9:30am
crisp and clear

Like yesterday, I walked Mission Hill and Shelby Bottoms (Phase I)
looking for migrants.  Things generally were not as active as yesterday,
and I only found 40 species for the morning.  Warbler numbers were down
with only 5 species, although TENNESSEE WARBLERs were numerous.  I could
only find 1 MARSH WREN and missed out on SEDGE WRENs today.

Birds of interest included:

Great Egret 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1 immature at the fishing lake
Cooper's Hawk 2
Red-shouldered Hawk 2
E. Screech Owl 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
N. Flicker 6
E. Phoebe 2
White-eyed Vireo 3
Blue Jay 8
Marsh Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Gray Catbird 7
Brown Thrasher 5
Tennessee Warbler 11
Common Yellowthroat 3
Magnolia Warbler 8
Yellow-rumped Warbler 2
Black-throated Green Warbler 3
E. Towhee 3
Field Sparrow 10
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 4

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

              Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                       Clemson, SC

                      MAP RESOURCES