[TN-Bird] Savannah TN Gulls

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:02:50 -0600

A quick call tonight from Jeff Wilson revealed a great day of gulling
for TN. Jeff can supply more details later, but he had 6 species of gull
today in the Savannah area. In addition to the usual three species,
there were also 2 Thayer's (I believe Jeff said both were 1st-winters,
but I'm not certain), a 1st-winter California, and a Lesser Black-backed
(I'm unsure of age). These last three species weren't at the Dam, but
were in a big pool visible from the Hwy 64 bridge which crosses the TN
River at Savannah. This site is accessed by taking the 1st right after
crossing the bridge heading west. I'm not sure of anymore details right
now, but it would have been a great day to be one of the lucky ones with
Jeff... Tuesday will be my 1st shot, one of these days I'm gonna cross
paths with Thayer's in TN!

Good birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN