[TN-Bird] Re: Sage Thrasher in Knox County

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:10:48 EST

What a great find!! Alabama has had a spree of first state records and now 3
this season in Tennessee. Congrats to Susan for being persistent.
A few years back while traveling down highway 104 in Dyer Co. I had a bird on
the side of the highway that I thought was a Sage but I had traffic behind me
and when I finally got turned around the bird was gone. I searched the area 2
or 3 times thereafter but no luck.

When I researched the occurrence in the South, I found that I had seen the
mystery bird on the exact date as the only occurrence for Arkansas, Nov. 24, in
1979. Now a bird shows up in TN on Nov. 8. Birds and birders never cease to
amaze. Put a little salt on its tail like Jan has done everyday with the
MacGillivray's. Hope I can shake loose before it leaves.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA
Bartlett, TN