[TN-Bird] Re: Rusty Blackbird - Correction

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:09:31 -0500

Guess I shouldn't have believed my eyes.  It turns out that, based on a few
photos I took, a couple of better birders than I (and I agree with them)
believe that the "rusty blackbird" was actually a small female Common Grackle.

Carole GobertKnoxville

From: cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] Rusty Blackbird
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:26:19 -0500

The plummeting temperatures and light snow brought a new bird to my yard in
west Knox County, TN.... I could hardly believe my eyes when I spotted a Rusty
Blackbird under the feeders this morning.  The yard is full of birds including
the first 3 juncoes I've had this winter, two Red-winged Blackbirds and a
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.
Carole Gobert, Knoxville, TN