[TN-Bird] Red-necked Grebe, Duck River Unit, TNWR.

  • From: birdchaserrws <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:12:45 -0600

  I spent a few hours this afternoon, 1/30/15 at the Pump Station (Duck River
Unit, TNWR in New-Johnsonville, TN, Humphreys County)
  There were good numbers of diving ducks, with 2100 Canvasbacks counted, also
hundreds of Ruddy Ducks and Scaup.
  One lone female Greater Scaup was the only one seen, but there were plenty of
Lessers.
  The highlight for me was a distant Red-necked Grebe seen among Canvasbacks,
and again later seen diving with three Horned Grebes.
  This is a first County record for me. (There are probably others that I
haven't seen).
  Ruben Stoll, Centerville, TN.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone