[tn-bird] Radnor Lake encore!

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:47:13 EDT

After yesterday's fabulous warbler show (reported here by Frank Fekel and
Gary Casey), I doubted that it could be repeated today.  But since my parents
missed the first showing, I told them they just had to try to make it today.
They were not disappointed!  After a slow start the warblers started pouring
in to the spillway area just below the bridge about 9:00.  By 1:00 they had
finally quieted down to just several Myrtles and Tennessees.  But it was
amazing how similar today was to yesterday, bird for bird.  We had the exact
same species (11), and several were haunting the exact same preferred spots.
There must have been one huge insect hatch to keep so many birds occupied for
so long.

Will there be another encore tomorrow?

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN