[TN-Bird] RFI Whooping Crane Question and Chattanooga Area Birding

  • From: Peter Capobianco <peter.capobianco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:50:29 -0500

I am planning on heading down to the Chattanooga Area and Hiwassee tomorrow
morning.  I wanted to see the cranes and would love to see a Whooping.  Are
there are reliable spots besides Hiwassee and Cherokee Removal Memorial
Park?  Also, are there any other good places for waterfowl, loons, and
grebes?  I'm not that familiar with the area and would appreciate any input
for good birding spots in general.

Thanks,

Peter Capobianco
Knoxville, TN