[TN-Bird] Probable Calliope Hummingbird--Day 3

  • From: "Herb and Carol Wolf" <humble1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn birdlist" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:35:03 -0600

This little hummer has been coming to our feeder at least since Wednesday
morning.  We were out of town for a week birding in New Mexico and just
returned late Tuesday night.  What a nice surprise to come home to!
We just want you to know that anyone is welcome to come and see this bird.  It
is coming to the feeder quite regularly starting around 6 in the morning.  It
usually sits on the feeder for 3-5 minutes at a time and sometimes will return
in 10-15 minutes and sometimes closer to 30 minutes.

Tommy and Virginia Curtis came to visit this morning and took some pictures.
They said they saw it on the feeder when they got here and then saw it either 3
or 4 more times before they left.

Chris Sloan posted our address with directions, but if you have any trouble
finding us, this is our phone number, 615-765-5157.  Please feel free to call
if you need information or directions.  We will look forward to seeing you.

Herb and Carol Wolf
Cannon County
Woodbury,TN 37190

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES