[TN-Bird] Pine Siskins in Pittman Center

  • From: shaawitya@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 00:41:41 +0000 (UTC)

We've been having groups of Pine Siskins in our yard most of the winter, with
numbers ranging from as few as 6 to well over 125, with an average daily at one
time around 50-60 birds. But today as we were leaving the house in the snow, I
estimated among three groups, one below the feeders and the other two groups in
separate trees above the feeders, but much higher, probably 75 feet, a total of
about 275 Pine Siskins, wow, more than I've ever seen here or anywhere. Was a
sight to see in the falling snow.

Keith Watson
Pittman Center, TN