[TN-Bird] Northern Waterthrush (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: Don Miller <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Butternuts <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:35:36 -0400

October 21, 2004
Greeneville, Greene County, TN

Before going to work in Greeneville this morning, I stopped at a couple
of birding spots in town, hoping for late transients, late summer
residents, or arriving winter residents.  Things were pretty quiet, but
I did find a Northern Waterthrush feeding along a small creek not far
from downtown.

Today's date is nine days later than my previous late date for Northern
Waterthrush in Greene County.  The species has been remarkably abundant
this fall.  Normally I am lucky to find it once or twice in migration,
but this year I have observed it on eleven different dates.

Don Miller
Greeneville, TN