[TN-Bird] No Redpoll - Common Goldeneye @ Radnor Lake

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:57:17 -0800 (PST)

Monroe residence & Radnor Lake
Davidson Co.
2/9/12

About 90 minutes of staking out the feeders produced no redpoll, but there was
a remarkable diversity of other species there (see list below). I even heard a
kingfisher rattle coming from somewhere down in the valley behind the house.

I then took a brief jaunt over to the lake to see if there were any interesting
ducks... and there were. I got 11 species of ducks in total (see below),
including a Common Goldeneye and ~25-30 Lesser Scaup. (I counted 23 and
undoubtedly missed a few as they were diving.)

Daniel

-----

RADNOR LAKE DUCKS
Mallard