[TN-Bird] NTOS field trip 8/18 - Peeler Park

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:12:06 EDT

This Saturday, 8/18, NTOS will offer a field trip to Peeler Park.  Peeler is
Metropolitan Nashville's newest park which just opened in June.  It's located
in Madison, just north of Nashville at the east end of Neelys Bend Rd., which
runs off of Gallatin Pk.  The park has 1.5 miles of level, paved trails, plus
some dirt side trails and a horse path.  Another trail and boardwalk will be
added this fall.  It's mostly bottom land running along the Cumberland River
with large open fields, tree lines, and some woods.  It seemed very promising
a new birding destination for the Nashville area when Phillip Casteel and I
birded there in June.  We'll meet at the Adventure Science Museum lower parking
lot and leave there at 7:00 A.M.  If you'd rather meet us at the park, be at
the Peeler Park parking lot at 7:20.  This trip will last just a few hours.
If you have any questions, please contact me offline.
Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at