[TN-Bird] Martinfest 2004

  • From: magreene@xxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:07:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Event: Martinfest 2004

Location: The Victor Stoll Family Farm, 494 Sweet Lips Road, Finger, TN 38334

Date & Time: June 18th & 19th, 2004 - "doors" open both days at 7:00 a.m. A fee
of $10.00 per person will be collected on Saturday and this will cover the cost
of your lunch and registration for donated door prizes. Children under the age
of 12 are admitted free of charge. No pre-registration, please.

MartinFest 2004 - This is the second year that MartinFest is scheduled as a two
day event. Vendor's Day 2003 was a very welcomed and successful addition to the
traditional MartinFest Saturday, and we are pleased to continue Vendor's Day
once again this year.

This year Vendor's Day will be held on Friday, June 18th, and will provide an
opportunity to view and purchase merchandise from many manufacturers and visit
with representatives from Purple Martin organizations. Beverages will be
provided, but no lunch will be served to guests on Friday, so please make
arrangements to bring something to eat, or plan your visits accordingly.

Specific Vendor's Day information will be available Monday, May 24th, and we
ask that if anyone is interested in selling merchandise or promoting their
organization that they please contact our Vendor's Day Chairman, Sandy Bunn at:
sbunn1@xxxxxxx

Saturday, June 19th, is the date for the traditional MartinFest. Door opens at
7:00 a.m. Morning coffee and sweet rolls will be served as well as a wonderful
barbeque lunch will be served on Saturday only. Door prizes will be announced,
and raffles drawn. Speakers will be announced at a later date.

You are welcome to bring your pets, but please keep them on a leash, and
perhaps bring a baggie or two for their waste.

MartinFest is an alcohol-free, profanity-free event.

If you are driving and have some extra room in your vehicle you might want to
consider bringing some additional items. Chairs will be provided, but having a
few extra is nice.

Some other items to consider: umbrella, camera, sun block, hats, comfortable
shoes, etc.

If you would like to donate a door prize, please be sure to bring it with you.
It will be registered at the admission station on Saturday morning. Due to
overwhelming generosity in the past, we ask that you bring only one door prize.
Your generosity is much appreciated, but the event might run until sometime on
Tuesday if we do not limit the door prize donations. Larger raffle donations
will be raffled as to generate MartinFest 2005 funds.

This year the MartinFest Committee is very pleased to announce that there are
scheduled two speakers for Saturday, June19th, MartinFest 2004:

Del McKinnon Founder & Director The Purple Martin Conservancy - Canada Alberta,
Canada

Ken Kostka Purple Martin Preservation Alliance (PMPA) Pennsylvania
http://www.purple-martin.org

Travelers Information:

FINGER, TENNESSEE INFORMATION

The location of MartinFest is in Finger, Tennessee. MartinFest is graciously
hosted by the Victor Stoll Family, at the Stoll Family Farm, 494 Sweet Lips
Road, Finger, TN 38334

Finger, TN Facts: http://www.pe.net/~rksnow/tncountyfinger.htm#zipcodes

Finger, TN Weather:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/local/USTN0179?x=1
4&lswe=Finger%2C+TN&lswa=WeatherLocalRecreation&whatprefs=We
atherLocalRecreation&y=12

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/TNZ091.php?warncounty
=TNC109&city=Finger

http://www.wunderground.com/US/TN/Finger.html