[tn-bird] Re: Mantis tries for hummer?

  • From: "Todd, Michael C." <michael.c.todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 23:46:03 -0400

I've never seen this myself, but I ran across a picture on the net not long
ago of a large mantis that had captured, and was in the process of eating a
hummer (can't remember what species). The photographer happened upon the
scene shortly after the capture, but the damage to the hummer was already
fatal. Nature works in mysterious and amazing ways.

Good birding,

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
Carroll Co