[TN-Bird] Lone Trumpeter Swan in Eagleville

  • From: queen mab <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:47:21 -0800 (PST)

Eagleville, TN
Rutherford County
01-30-13

I went in search of birds following the storm that wreaked havoc on Eagleville,
TN.  I found tin roofs torn off barns and most of the pasture land is flooded.
Shoemaker Rd is closed at the bridge because of creek overflow. Birds seen were
rusties, black birds, starlings, kildeer, robins, red-tailed hawks, and
kestrels feeding on whatever came out of the earth after the flood. Most
notable was the lone Trumpeter Swan at the corner of Swamp and Shoemaker. The
Hood Mergansers were back in the cow pond behind the barn at this site as well.
I thought the Sandhill cranes would be gone. I couldn't view them after the
creek bed. However, I saw two in flight heading in that direction and nine on
the unmarked road between North and Shoemaker. Is Eagleville becoming the new
Hiawasee?

Marnie Mitchell
Rutherford County