[TN-Bird] Re: Knoxville Peregrine Falcon

  • From: Dan Ellsworth <ellsy10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:00:12 -0600

I believe I saw one as well, I am assuming the same as the one in the below
post, yesterday near exit 386B right off of I-40, which is close to downtown
Knoxville.  It caught my attention because I saw it in flight and landing on
top of one of the tall power line posts.   The area just prior to the exit has
large populations of rock pigeons and starlings which may be what attracted it.
 I pulled over and got a good look and was 99% sure it was a Peregrine.  I did
not post because I planned to search again today after work (which is downtown)
with my camera to confirm 100% before I got anyone excited.  However, since
someone else saw one based on the below post I am pretty sure I was right.  If
anyone else looks for it and can not find it near the TVA building identified
below you may want to check the area I mentioned above as a back up.  Good luck!

Dan Ellsworth
Farragut, TN