[TN-Bird] Knox CBC on Ch 10 News

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:00:41 -0500 (EST)

A photographer from WBIR (Channel 10, NBC affiliate) came out with
me for part of the Knoxville CBC today (2 Jan).  A story aired on
the 6 o'clock news which can be seen repeating every 30 minutes
on "10 News 2" if you have that cable service.  The story will
air again on the 11 o'clock news with a slightly different segment.

They also will correct a mistatement made in the 6:00 version
suggesting that the CBCs started with folks shooting birds instead
of as an alternative to shooting birds.  Don't think the Nat.
Audubon Society would appreciate that spin but my meandering
explanation no doubt confused the reporter... it even confused me.
For the record, what I was trying to tell them was that the
first Knoxville CBC was in 1902 and that we have been doing it
annually since 1957.

Not sure if the Brown-headed Nuthatches I mentioned could be
heard in the audio but, also for the record, we did have better
birds than Starling, Great Blue Heron and Ring-billed Gull but
that's all we could get on camera.

More details on the count to come.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN