[TN-Bird] Kimbro Rd. - Lark Sparrows

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:37:18 -0700 (PDT)

Area around Kimbro & Cason roads
Rutherford County
7/11/12

With all the rain we got last night, I thought I'd check the fields along
Kimbro Rd. for early shorebirds this morning, forgetting that the fields would
all be full of soybeans and corn at this time of year. So no shorebirds. But I
did flush a flock of four Lark Sparrows on the south side of Kimbro, right at
the corner with Cason. Three of them were immatures, and I didn't get a good
look at the fourth.

Also had an unexpected Great Egret flyover at Kimbro & Caston, as well as an
early Spotted Sandpiper later in the morning at the MTSU ponds.

Daniel Estabrooks