[TN-Bird] Injured GBH

  • From: Sharon Monett <sbm4him@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:31:12 -0500

Lisa Stinnett and I went to Chickamauga Dam today. Got good looks at some
of the recently reported birds. While there we stopped at Lake Junior.
There was a GBH there that appeared injured. We weren't sure if/how to
report it. I posted a cell phone pic on the TN Birding FB page. I have
better photos on camera but no way to download them.
The Heron seems to have an injured wing. When it saw us it moved to the
edge of a field but never attempted to fly.

Sharon Monett
Knoxville. . But reporting from Chattanooga