[TN-Bird] Hooded Mergansers and Black-crowned Night Heron in Metrocenter, Nashville

  • From: Neil Kelley <neil.kelleyca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 13:52:35 -0600

A few more birds to report from the Metrocenter area:

After a few frustrating hours at Comcast I walked over to the canal near
the intersection of Mainstream Drive and Freeland Station Road. In the
canal between the Comcast building and the athletic fields on the east side
of Mainstream I had good looks at a Black-crowned Night-Heron and at least
four Hooded Mergansers.

The mergansers were swimming away from me along the bank in and out of
vegetation so I had a hard time getting an exact count. I also spooked a
Great Blue Heron and heard a Belted Kingfisher along the canal that
parallels Freeland Station Road.

Apologies if I'm reporting unremarkable birds, it was a nice way to break
up boring Monday errands.

Neil Kelley

Nashville,
Davidson County