[TN-Bird] Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge Report for Thursday

  • From: Charles Murray <dro_1945@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN- BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 18:41:18 -0800 (PST)

No hooded crane sighting was reported today.
This is now 3 days in a row without a sighting. Hundreds of sandhill
cranes were flying high over the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge in Meigs Co. at
Birchwood migrating north. However, hundreds of sandhills were still present at
HWR today. Bald eagles have been quite active over the past several days. I saw
at least seven immature bald eagles and at least 1 adult today from the
Cherokee Removal Memorial Park and at the HWR. I last saw any whooping cranes
on January 28.

Charles Murray
Birchwood, TN