[TN-Bird] Hiwassee CBC Today

  • From: "Tommie Rogers" <Bananaquit1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TNBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 19:17:49 -0500

Today Libby Wolfe and I had great looks at a very lost PRAIRIE FALCON on Hwy
306 in Meigs county.  The falcon did not stay.  It visited a cattle farm and
tried to find a meal but later gained altitude and headed south.
Kevin Calhoun reported seeing a Rough-winged SWALLOW in the refuge area.
Libby and I also saw Dunlin, Least Sandpipers, and American Pipits.  I'm
exhausted after a long day of birding.
Water was frozen along the shoreline of the refuge and many places along the
river.
Tommie Rogers
Marion county