[TN-Bird] Hamilton Co Black-necked stilt-not

  • From: "David Chaffin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "davchaffin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 21:46:35 -0400 (EDT)

TN birders,

Checked the reported spot for the stilt today, and left about 1 pm without
having seen the stilt.  It could have hidden closer to the right(back) bank
near the fence and be hidden, but I doubt it.  Maybe it will show again, and if
so, please report.  The array of shorebirds changed drastically today between
the time it took me to walk from the end of the back pond, check it from the
front view of the back, as well as the front pond, and then return-15 minutes
at most between the two times.  Here are the highest totals for the back pond
where the stilt has been hanging out before today:

Canada goose-1
Mallard-abt 40
Blue-winged teal-6
spotted sandpipers-2
lesser yellowlegs-6
semipal sand-6
least sand-1
white-rumped sand-1
palm warb-1

I remain snakebit in trying to get a new Hamilton Co bird. Also, still need a
veery.

David Chaffin
Cleveland TN
Bradley Co