[TN-Bird] Golden-winged, Marsh Wren, C. Loon at Radnor Lake, Davidson Co.

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gkoehler4@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:11:05 -0400 (EDT)

4-21-12
Radnor Lake
Davidson Co.

After the rain stopped at 8:45, I birded the dam and the Lake Trail to Long
 Bridge and back, having great looks at several special birds.  There was
one Common Loon on the lake and Ranger Jesse said they had no word of any
being  released there lately.  The cormorants are also still there.  I heard
the distinct song of a Marsh Wren in the open, brushy area just before Cane
Bridge, but it never showed.  A Catbird sat and sang its song in the open
near Long Bridge, a song we don't often get to hear here.  I had 10 warbler
species with numerous Yellow-rumps, but the highlight was seeing fairly
close male Blackburnian and Golden-winged warblers just a foot apart in a
tree above Long Bridge.  What an eye-full!  Being chilled to the bone  was
worth it.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN