[TN-Bird] Gateway Island - Orchard Oriole, no sandpipers

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

Gateway Island
Rutherford Co.
4-18-12

Much to my disappointment, there was not so much as one sandpiper at the pond
today - just lots of killdeer. There was a singing Orchard Oriole moving among
the trees by the parking lot though, and the Savannah Sparrows are starting to
overrun the place. I counted nine total, and I didn't spend much time in the
fields. This was the first time I've seen them down by the pond as well as out
in the fields.

Daniel Estabrooks