[TN-Bird] GSMNP Swainson's Warbler

  • From: Kevin Burke <Kevin.Burke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:50:40 +0000

I took the ranger led walk (led by my lovely wife)  this morning to Cataract
Falls behind the Sugarland's Visitor Center.  I was surprised to see a
Swainson's Warbler eating a caterpillar about 100 yards from the falls by the
river.  It was across the river behind the first park housing unit.

I also had my first Scarlet Tanager singing at my house this morning.

Kevin Burke
Gatlinburg, TN

Kevin Burke
Assistant Store Manager | Nantahala Outdoor Center Gatlinburg
1138 Parkway | Gatlinburg, TN 37738
865.436.1159 | www.noc.com<http://www.noc.com/>