[TN-Bird] Fwd: GIS position for the Central Hardwoods Joint Venture

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:10:03 -0500

The following is a forward from the Southeastern Partners-in-Flight list
by:
Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN

-------------------BEGIN FORWARD TO TN-BIRDS -------------------

Hi all,

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will be hiring a person to do GIS work and
help with developing spatially-explicit plans for focal areas in the Central
Hardwoods Bird Conservation Region. The person will work with me and be officed
in St. Louis, MO, but will be officially supervised by Bob Ford, with FWS, in
Memphis, TN. Bob and I, in consultation with the Central Hardwoods Joint
Venture Management Board, will confer on the relative order of priority for
various assignments and the tentative deadlines for obtaining objectives.

We are looking for someone with a good GIS skills as well as a background in
bird ecology and, preferably, a working knowledge of the bird conservation
initiatives under the auspices of the North American Bird Conservation
Initiative. The job announcement is posted at:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/getjob.asp?JobID=40462305

For more information about the Central Hardwoods Joint Venture, see the
Strategic Plan posted at: http://www.abcbirds.org/nabci/chjv_plan.htm

Please pass this along to anyone who might have an interest in the position. If
you have questions, my contact info is below. Bob's e-mail address and phone
number are: Robert_P_Ford@xxxxxxx; 901-327-7631.

Jane Fitzgerald
American Bird Conservancy
Central Hardwoods Joint Venture Coordinator
8816 Manchester suite 135
Brentwood, MO 63144
314-918-8505
jfitzgerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx