[TN-Bird] Four adult Western Kingbirds/ three imm. Scissor-tailed young

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:49:45 EDT

June 23, 2005
Ensley Bottoms,
President's Island
Shelby Co. TN

Today, I decided a quick run by was in line for the Western Kingbird nest
site. The nest has evidently been abandoned but unlike earlier this week, I
quickly found 2 adults feeding in the immediate area. I scanned around and soon

found a second pair of adult birds and had all four in view at one time. One
of  the second pair made 2 trips to one location but was not carrying food. I
think there is a new nest that is being worked on.

There are 3 young Scissor-tailed Flycatcher being fed at the President's
Island nest site. The female was shading the nest the whole time I was there
and
the male made one feeding trip.

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson