[TN-Bird] FW: Right to Hunt & Fish (and Bird?) Initiative

  • From: elizabeth queener <miscueiam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <luvsbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, crane <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:02:04 -0500

 Fyi - received  the following from a friend:

Billboards - lit up ones - have suddenly cropped up in Nashville telling people
to vote for the initiative.
It's really interesting because if you read the billboard, it appears that
there is no right to hunt and fish in the state.
The language doesn't twist anything, it's just the simple statement to vote for
it because it's needed.
It's hard to argue with something like that. I'm hearing that this could mean
that TWRA, which now is assumed to hold the upper hand on setting regs, would
be put on the defense if this passes.
In other words, lawsuits will likely start with hunters challenging hunting
seasons and limits and demanding to hunt sandhills because it's now their
"right."
It shifts the burden of proof from a citizen filing a suit to TWRA.