[TN-Bird] Re: Elaenia in Illinois

  • From: Jon Mann <dback_jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx" <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:18:56 -0700

On il birds, Bret Whitney, who is working on a field guide to SE Brazil, feels
confident it is a White-crested. He also said:

You guys found an austral overshoot in Chicago!  This is very much in the same
pattern as spring Fork-tailed Flycatchers showing up in eastern N. America.
Your finding of this single bird in Chicago makes me imagine that there are
likely many other White-crested Elaenias scattered through the eastern US right
now; people should be on the lookout for them, especially around any fruiting
shrubs or trees with smallish fruits.

Sent from my iPhone