[TN-Bird] Eagle Bend hatchery swallows

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:46:10 -0400

TN-birders,

Yesterday morning Dollyann & I found large numbers of swallows at the Eagle
Bend fish hatchery in Anderson Co. The surprise was 2 BANK SWALLOWS mixed in
with the Cliff & Barn swallows. These were the first Bank Swallows we’ve seen
here in years. A couple of Rough-winged Swallows were also seen. Early morning
would seem best for the swallows. The hatchery opens at 8 am.

Some shorebirds are starting to show up. We had 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 2 Solitary
Sandpipers, and 3 Lesser Yellowlegs. Blue-winged Teal and American Coot are
still hanging around too. Also seen was a nice male Orchard Oriole over by the
river.

Great Birding,

Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN