[TN-Bird] Crocket Co. Tundra Swans, yes, Reelfoot Little Gull, no

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 08:03:08 -0600

Rt. 152 west of Humboldt
Crockett Co.
Reelfoot Lake
Lake Co.
2011 Dec. 8

Thursday morning I went looking for the the three TUNDRA SWANs
just west of Humboldt on Route 152 in Crockett Co. I found the 3
birds in the large very flooded field, as had previously been
reported by Mark Greene and Mike Todd.  The birds were well away
from the road and a scope is definitely required to get good
views.

I then proceeded to Reelfoot Lake to search for the adult
Little Gull that has been seen over the past few days.  It
would have been a life bird had I seen it.  I spent over 2 hours
searching the lake from various venues around the lake
including Keystone but did NOT find it.  The flock of
BONAPARTE'S GULLs was not particularly large, perhaps only
100 or so.  The WHITE PELICAN seen at Keystone appeared to
be injured, holding one wing down as it sat on a log so that
the black on the wing could be seen.

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

              Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                       Clemson, SC

                      MAP RESOURCES