[TN-Bird] Common Merganser, et al

  • From: "Steve Clendenen" <steve-clendenen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRDS" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:16:23 -0500

Thanks to Ron Hoff for reporting the Common Merganser that he and Dolly Ann
Meyers found Saturday.  We saw it today at 9:45 a.m. in Dayton at Cedar Point
Park, which is located behind the Riverside Cafe on the SE side of Hwy 27,
across from the Rhea County Welcome Center, just SW of the junction of Hwy 27
and Tn Hwy 30.
Following up on Nell Moore's report on her visit to Eagle Bend Fish Hatchery
Jan. 21, we found today between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.:
1 Wilson's Snipe
2 American Black Ducks
1 m. & 1 f. Northern Pintails
1 f. Canvasback
5 Redheads
Buffleheads
1 Snow Goose
several Ring-necked Ducks
Lesser Scaup
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
1 Eastern Towhee
Thanks, Nell.
The fish hatchery is on the south side of Hwy 61 in the east side of Clinton,
next to the west bank of the Clinch River.

After reading this afternoon Allan Trently's report on the male Common
Goldeneye, we headed back to northeastern Anderson County.  At 3:10 p.m., we
saw it in the Clinch River below Norris Dam directly across from the TVA
Aquatic Biology Lab on Hwy 441.  by 3:45, it was down river a short distance,
about halfway between the lab and the weir dam.
Thanks, Allan.

Steve & Gail Clendenen
Farragut, Tenn.