[TN-Bird] Cades Cove, Blount County FOS birds

  • From: Birdglass44@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 19:01:25 EDT

Today was a gorgeous day in Cades Cove.  On Hyatt Lane I had a pair of
Northern harriers cavorting across the fields and an immature harrier near the
Abrams Falls Trail parking area.  Also on Hyatt Lane I had 4  FOS Vesper
sparrows.  At the sewage ponds were 3 FOS Hooded  mergansers and 4 FOS
Bufflehead along with 24 migrant Wood ducks and 6 newly  arrived Canada geese.
During the morning there were many small flocks of  Red-winged blackbirds and
Brown-headed cowbirds flying down the Abrams Creek  drainage.  I ran into
Bruce Newman at the sewage ponds who told me he had  White-crowned sparrows
there but i could not find them.

Birds seen today:

Canada Goose - 6
Wood Duck - 24