[TN-Bird] CORRECTION: Kevin Calhoon CBC participation

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:00:55 -0500

Tn-Birders:
Kevin Calhoon of Chattanooga has called to my attention that he only
participated in two Audubon Christmas Bird Counts this season.  Not in four as
I reported.  I regret the incorrect information.

The Audubon CBC online data shows Kevin as compiler of the Chattanooga,
Hiwassee and Nickajack counts.  His name is shown in the participation list of
all three counts and his name is listed twice in the participation list of the
Hiwassee CBC.  That totals up to his name appearing four times in those three
counts in the Audubon CBC online data.

Kevin says he is the compilier of the Hiwassee, Chattanooga and Nickajack
CBC's.  He only crunches the numbers for the Nickajack CBC and is not in the
field.

In regards to the multiple listing of his name in the Hiwassee count, he says
that error will be corrected in the online data.

Birders should know that such multiple listings and electronic editing problems
are not rare for the Audubon CBCs.  It happens when you have more than 2,000
compilers making reports.  I suppose when the data entry window is closed,
Audubon's editors and others usually get most of that fixed.

Thanks to Kevin for calling this to my attention.

The official record for Kevin Calhoon's CBC participation should show he went
in the field on two counts --  Chattanooga and Hiwassee.

Let's go birding......

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN