[TN-Bird] CBC map?

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:30:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

A friend sent me this, after we chatted about Tennessee Christmas
Bird Counts (CBCs).  He is on this list, but I decided to share it
with all of you.  Especially the CBC compilers, and some of the folks
who have done some of the most work regarding keeping track of birds
in the state, including (but NOT limited to!) Steve Stedman, Chuck
Nicholson, Wallace Coffey, etc.

The link below seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do if all the
compilers figured out their dates early enough, and if there was
someone who had the software and knowledge to make a relatively
simple map.  We could then post it on the TOS website, and I'd bet
that more people would help with the CBCs...

I don't have map software, nor do I consider myself that up to date
on technology to do this. But I'm more than happy to instigate ;-)

http://www.nhaudubon.org/pdf/birdcount2004.pdf

Charlie

=====
Charlie Muise, Naturalist near
Great Smoky Mountains National Park

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer."  -Edward Abbey