[TN-Bird] Re: Boids

  • From: Jesse <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>, tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:34:42 -0600

On 12/14/2013 10:39 PM, Ed Schneider wrote:
Without a signature or County, this type of listing is not of much use to the group.

While we enjoyed red-breasted nuthatches for almost six moths last year starting around Halloween, we've not had any thus far here in Nashville.

Ed Schneider
Davidson Co.

> Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:17:02 -0600
> From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [TN-Bird] Boids
>
> Our resident immature Red-Tailed Hawk has started to get ready for
> spring by putting out red tail feathers. See him/her most every day down > by the stock pond where short grass does not give little furry woodlands
> creatures much cover for avoiding becoming a meal for the hawk.
> Our feeder has attracted one, maybe two Red-breasted Nuthatches in
> addition to the Chickadees and Cardinals. A Collared dove has managed
> to avoid becoming prey to our local dove hunters for this season anyway
> and comes every day to the feeder, if only to sit on top of it. Several
> Dark-eyed Juncos are present also.
Sorry bout the omission of place where the young Red-Tailed hawk, Juncos, Red-breasted Nuthatches etc are located, The location is one mile North Of Troy, (Obion County) on highway 184, locally known as Old Troy Road. Hawk was back out on his/her favorite perch by the stock pond a little while ago, Dec 15th.
Jesse Livingston