[TN-Bird] Bledsoe Co swallow-tailed kite-Wednesday

  • From: davchaffin@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 06:10:31 -0400 (EDT)

 TN birders,

Libby Wolfe and I got the STKi Wednesday at 12:20 pm Central time from Granny
Ruth's Garden on East Valley Road at the usual spot.  It was seen across the
road from the garden to the right of the line of trees that intersects the road
at a right angle.  It was high at the first tree top level of the first hill,
and only visable about half a minute before it dropped, maybe to devour a
dragonfly it had caught.  It was a short but pleasing performance.

After that, we got the Dickcissel calling at the Wesley Chapel/Markem Bridge
Road junction, and saw the Great Egret at the pond near the junction of Akins
Road with hwy 209, but no double crested cormorant present.  We finished off
with a pair of barn owls at Hayden Wilson's silo near the Cookie Jar
Restaurant.  Both dick and GrEg were new Bledsoe Co birds for me. and the STKi
and BaOw were TN year birds.

David Chaffin
Cleveland
Bradley Co