[TN-Bird] Birding observations

  • From: "Nancy Moore" <jaybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRD" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:30:32 -0500

North Lake Co
Hwy 157
Federal Refuge
Miss. River

On my way to the Federal Refuge yesterday, I stopped at Buckalew Slough (Near
Fish gap hill) and found 11 Snipe, 2 Lessor Yellowlegs and 2 Least S. P. and
Killdeer.  I lead a bird walk on the Habitat trail at the refuge.  I heard my
first of season White Throated Sparrow, also had Gray Catbird, Rosebreasted
Grosbeaks, Kingfisher on the pond, No ducks, Tufted Titmouse, Chickadee,
Cardinals, Brown Thrashers, Hairy Woodpecker, Redbellied W.P. Yellowrumped
Warblers, Gold finch, Yellowshafted Flickers, Bluejays and Bluebirds, Phoebe...
.  The field to the right of the trail looks great for wintering sparrows. They
have developed this area into a great little birding spot.  Later at the River
I found lots of swallows and 13 Ringbilled Gulls on the sandbar.
Nancy Moore
Bluebasin Cove B&B
Reelfoot lake
Lake Co, Tn