[TN-Bird] Big South Fork - Olive-sided Flycatcher

  • From: "Charles P. Nicholson" <cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:50:32 -0400

Big South Fork NRRA, Scott County - Bandy Creek area

April 28 2012

Late this morning I observed an early Olive-sided Flycatcher at the Lora
Blevins Farm near Bandy Creek.  I heard the bird singing its typical song
several times and then spotted it on the tip of a dead branch in a tree near
the edge of a field.  Unfortunately I did not have my binoculars at the
time.  It was in the area at least 20 minutes.  Other birds in the area
included:

Mallard

Turkey Vulture

Red-tailed Hawk