[TN-Bird] Best 2011 Birding Day

  • From: "Tommy Curtis" <tcbirdwatch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird Post" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:34:26 -0500

This morning was the best birding day in our yard this year.  After a
disappointing spring migration when only a handful of warblers trickled
through, a good sized flock of mixed birds this morning in the yard yielded:
6 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers
3 Red-eyed Vireos
2 White-eyed Vireos
3 Orchard Orioles
2 Scarlet Tanagers - male and female
4 Cedar Waxwings
These warblers: Northern Parula; Kentucky, Black and White; Common
Yellowthroat, and a mature Prairie which gave us the best up close and
prolonged looks we've ever had.

We hope today is the beginning of a great fall of bird watching from our deck.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis
Smithville, TN
DeKalb County