[TN-Bird] Anderson County migrants

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:29:44 -0400

This morning I did a little birding in Anderson County, Tennessee near the
Gallaher Bend area.  At the little marshy area along Pumphouse Road I had a
singing Yellow-throated Vireo and Common Yellowthroat, a Tree Swallow, 2 Barn
Swallows, Red-winged Blackbirds, Eastern Phoebe, Yellow-rumped Warbler and an
Osprey perched on a distant electric pylon in the vicinity of two nests.
Along Bull Bluff Road on the way to Clark Center Park I heard a singing Hooded
Warbler, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Yellow-throated Warbler and at least two
Red-eyed Vireos.
At Clark Center Park I mostly birded the picnic area opposite the parking lot
and spent a good deal of effort trying to locate the singing Louisiana
Waterthrush.  Also heard were Yellow-throated and Yellow-rumped Warblers,
Red-eyed Vireos and Chipping Sparrows.  The osprey nest atop the light pole in
the parking lot is again occupied.
Carole Gobert, Knoxville